If you’ve ever seen an asphalt paver in action, you know paving contracting companies have to really know their stuff to properly pave any stretch of road. But how do they do it? How exactly does an asphalt paver work? Fortunately, the experts at Asphalt Testing Solutions & Engineering have made this handy video to answer these questions and more. In it, they talk about what it takes to successfully run an asphalt paver machine.
They also offer a few key tips on how to turn out a successful paving project. Be sure to watch the video for expert advice, and read on to learn more.
How Paving Contracting Companies Get the Most out of Asphalt Pavers
- Proper Paver Setup – The first step is to set the paver up properly. This step may be the most important!
- Ensuring Mat Quality – Setup, speed, and material consistency are the three main ingredients to laying a quality mat
- Material Head Maintenance – Nearly 95% of faults in asphalt paving come from bad material in front of the screed.
- Paver Speed – If you’ve ever watched a paver in action, you know that moving at the right speed consistently is critical.
- Compaction – To deal with traffic, unexpected loads, and other problems, best compaction practices must be followed exactly.
- Temp, Thickness & Pattern – Temperature, consistency, and pattern must be monitored and maintained.
- Training – Finally, you need a team that is fully and properly trained.